OPEN: Client Coordinator Position
Immigration Counseling Service (ICS) provides affordable immigration legal services and free informational forums in the Portland and Hood River areas
JOB TITLE: Client Coordinator Portland Office
JOB PURPOSE: The Client Coordinator acts as the primary source of contact for all ICS clients and the public to the ICS office; provides intake, scheduling, communication and office support to ICS staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for all reception activities of ICS. Duties include greeting and assisting clients; answering phones and reviewing voice mail; receiving, copying, and filing client documents; facilitating communication between clients and legal workers, coordinating client pick up of important documents, maintaining waiting room and reception area in orderly condition.
- Responsible for providing administrative support services to staff. Duties include taking messages and forwarding calls, scheduling appointments, contacting clients for follow up, opening new files, delivering weekly selection of called-up files to legal workers, photocopying, storing files, and remaining available for providing other services as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating consultation requests. Duties include answering potential client questions regarding consults, processing incoming consult request forms, overseeing firstname.lastname@example.org inbox, running conflict checks on all client intakes, coordinating consult request reviews by legal workers, contacting clients to schedule or decline consults, pulling previous files for returning clients, creating new consult entries in database and checking in new consults, and following up according to legal workers’ needs.
- Responsible for data entry in calendar, database, and other spreadsheets. Duties include entering comments and receipt notices in database; adding some events into the calendar; and conducting miscellaneous data entry.
- Responsible for overseeing office mail. Duties include sending outgoing and picking up ingoing mail, entering incoming mail into database, distributing mail to appropriate recipients.
Provide administrative assistance to staff on an as-needed basis.
- Extensive experience working with diverse cultures and underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Experience in high-volume, high pressure situations, with ability to be highly organized and able effectively multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to receive constructive feedback and adjust performance to the feedback received.
- Prior experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish (a written and oral exam may be required).
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to treat persons with compassion and respect.
- Basic computer skills (Word processing, email), and ability to write using proper grammar and spelling.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (calendar, mail, etc.)
The position may require occasional driving of a motor vehicle, which requires a valid Oregon driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
May require working with challenging clients; driving to centers where clients are located; may spend up to 7 hours per day using a computer (sit or stand), including keyboard and mouse, and using telephone; occasional lifting boxes of files or packages weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a NON-EXEMPT position
This position is a member of the union
REPORTS TO: ICS Executive Director
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED BY THIS POSITION: None
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience. ICS offers an excellent benefits package.
ICS is an equal opportunity employer: ICS does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, family relationship, marital status, veteran status, military service, or any other classification protected by local, state, or federal law.
Any employee who needs accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job should communicate with the Executive Director. We will work with an employee to evaluate whether there is a reasonable accommodation that does not pose an undue hardship on the organization. Any proposed accommodation that creates an undue hardship on the organization, that does not allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, or that poses a serious safety risk to others that cannot be mitigated, is not a reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will begin immediately. Please send to email@example.com a cover letter including your level of Spanish language ability, a current resume, and contact information for 3 references to Client Coordinator Hiring Committee. No phone calls please.