Immigration Counseling Service (ICS) is on the front lines of ensuring justice for immigrants seeking legal relief. ICS seeks an experienced Operations Manger to lead its finance and business functions. As part of a team of 18 staff, you will be working behind the scenes to ensure ICS is able to advance its important mission through adequate financial management systems and controls, effective financial planning and analysis, HR management, and operating policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with contracted bookkeeping firm to manage AP, AR, monthly reconciliation, and monthly reporting.
- Manage contract agreements, service documentation, and reporting requirements associated with government contracts and grants.
- Ensure revenue is tracked in compliance with all grant funder and government contract requirements.
- Support the annual budget planning process and budget re-forecasting, as necessary.
- Serve as lead on the annual audit review and IRS 990 filing.
- Manage vendor contracts, insurance renewals, and leases.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings for all local, state, and federal reporting requirements for nonprofit corporations.
- Prepare financial reports to leadership and Board of Directors on a monthly basis, and to funders as needed.
- Collaborate with management team to improve financial management processes and policies, as needed.
- Track client-services revenue and receivables.
Grant and Contract Management
- Assist Executive Director with establishing annual funding priorities.
- Assist with grant reporting, including data gathering and preparing budget vs. actual reports and ensuring reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure compliance with grant and contractor regulations.
Human Resources Management
- Assist with hiring and new employee orientation.
- Oversee HR administrative processes, including payroll, benefits administration, and adherence to personnel policies.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Serve on hiring committees, as needed.
- Maintain schedule for quarterly and annual performance review process.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Co-supervise Administrative Assistant.
- Recommend and ensure compliance with office procedures, including: charges for legal services, data collection, systems operation (computers, phones, equipment).
- Serve as point of contact for trouble shooting IT and maintain relationship with outsourced IT contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; OR certification or training in accounting practices (CPA not required).
- Working knowledge of GAAP, audits, and other regulatory requirements pertaining to nonprofit financial management and compliance.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and google sheets.
- Experience with budget development and financial forecasting.
- Knowledge of nonprofit legal structures as it relates to financial management.
- Detail oriented and organized, with proven ability to effectively and independently manage projects.
- A self-starter with strong initiative who is willing to identify and implement new processes that increase efficiency.
- Champion of organizational diversity and equity with a commitment to social justice.
- Passion for and commitment to the advancement of immigrants’ rights and the ICS mission.
- Bilingual Spanish.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This is an EXEMPT position and is not a Union a position. The Operations Manager Reports to the Executive director. May require evening or weekend work; may spend up to 7 hours per day using a computer (sit or stand), including keyboard and mouse, and using telephone; occasional lifting boxes of files or packages weighing up to 25 pounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $48,000-$55,000, depending upon experience. ICS offers an excellent benefit package.
ICS is an equal opportunity employer: ICS does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, family relationship, marital status, veteran status, military service, or any other classification protected by local, state, or federal law.
Any employee who needs accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job should communicate with the Executive Director. We will work with an employee to evaluate whether there is a reasonable accommodation that does not pose an undue hardship on the organization. Any proposed accommodation that creates an undue hardship on the organization, that does not allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, or that poses a serious safety risk to others that cannot be mitigated, is not a reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is hired. Please send to email@example.com a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for 3 references addressed to:
ICS Hiring Committee
Immigration Counseling Service (ICS)
519 SW Park Avenue, Suite 610
Portland, OR 97205